At the Secret Garden Play Café we pride ourselves on having new innovative ideas for entertaining children.
|10AM – 12PM
A peaceful stimulating space in which adult & child can explore freely around the room. With sounds, moving lights, musical toys, feely bags and bubble tubes with fish
£5.50 per child for one hour
1PM – 5PM
A fun exciting room for your little ones to enjoy the ball bit, slide, ride ons, buggies and our latest addition being THOMAS THE TANK ENGINE on a roller coaster track
Last entrance is 4pm
£2.50 (Unlimited time)
|STORY & SONG TIME PLUS 30 MIN PLAY IN MINI SOFT PLAY (check out our Halloween spooky stories on 24th Oct & 31st Oct BOOKING ESSENTIAL)
This is a new event we are trying out that is free for customers visiting the café at the time mentioned above. Limited spaces so please reserve a space by clicking HERE
ALL DAY (10AM-5PM)
|WEDNESDAY MESSY PLAYS 10:30-11AM
Classes for the non walkerstake place on the last Wednesday of every month and for walkers will be the first Wednesday of every month (please note walkers will be on Monday 23rd Oct instead of Wednesday 1st Nov for Halloween) £5 per child BOOK HERE for non walkers (info below for Walkers Halloween)
2PM – 4PM
Scientists have proven that babies under 1 hugely benefit from sensory rooms as their brains have a higher ability to absorb and channel the information which develops brain function and calms moods.
£5.50 per child for one hour
|2PM – 4PM
Sensory RoomSensory Room is on again helping us to keep numbers down.£5.50 per child for one hour
MONSTERS BALL HALLOWEEN PARTY 10:30-12PM
For more info check below & to book click HERE
10AM – 12PM
1PM – 5PM
Once again we have our fun run around which can also be booked for groups/ meet ups for just £45 an hour!
Last entrance is 4pm
£2.50 (Unlimited time)
Please note sessions are based on one adult per child. If you wish to attend either sensory or mini soft play with an extra adult it an extra £1 per adult.
***WE ARE NOW OPEN ON SUNDAYS!! (mini soft play open unless a party)***
Book our Half Term Halloween Special Events here
- Monday 23rd October @ 3-3:30pm – Halloween Messy Play for walkers. Join in our slimy, creepy creatures and shaving foam spider webs as we explore and extend your childs vocabulary with things we see at Halloween. Tickets must be be pre booked, £5 per child. For more info and to book click HERE HALF TICKETS ALREADY SOLD
- Tuesday 24th & 31st October @ 10:30-11:30am – Spooky stories & songs for all ages PLUS free mini soft play (for crawlers up to 3.5 years). This is a free event for our customers (min spend applies) and there is limited space so please reserve you child’s place HERE
ONLY A FEW SPACES LEFT !!!!
- Wednesday 25th October @ 10:30-11am – Halloween Messy Play for non walkers. Join us as we safely explore textures and slimy Halloween themed trays. Tickets must be prebooked £5 each child. Space is limited and has sold out previously so please do book today. For more info and to purchase your ticket click HERE ONLY 3 SPACES LEFT!!
- Thursday 26th October ALL AFTERNOON – join us for “CRAFTERNOON”. A whole afternoon to pop along and make some scary masks whilst grown ups can also have the option to enjoy a nice cuppa and sweet afternoon treat. Drop ins welcome but we do have limited space so if you’re travelling over especially just call to reserve one. ONLY £2.50!
- FRIDAY 29TH OCTOBER 10:30-12PM- SAVE THE BEST TIL LAST .. “MONSTERS BALL” will be the ultimate finale to a week of scartastic fun. So put your best fancy dress outfit on and head over to a morning of crafts, disco, games, prizes and a Halloween lunch. All crammed into to one morning of non stop fun. Starting with crafts upstairs, then heading down to the Monsters disco ball to shake, groove and bop around to some spooky tunes. Take on the challenge games and see if you can win a prize (prizes for all). Finished off by receiving your pre ordered Halloween pack lunch. All attendees must arrive at 10:30am (access to café for public will be closed and we will be opening doors at 10:25am) to avoid your child missing any of the activities. Tickets must be booked before the event, £10 per child (one adult attending) and ticket does include lunch. For more info and to buy please click HERE ONLY 8 TICKETS LEFT!!
Lastly we also have a special treat for the arty people out there who also love
Halloween… oh and like a yummy drink
PAINT A SKULL MUG AND ENJOY AN ICE CREAM FLOAT FOR JUST £10!!
Reserve your mug today emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The Sensory room is a brand new space in which adult and baby can go in and explore freely around the room in their own time. It has various sounds playing into the darken room, along with moving lights, bubble tubes with fish, flashing balls, musical instruments and toys to hold which have been all created to stimulate your child in a whole new way.
Sensory rooms have become more popular after extensive research has proven children under one to have an enhanced neurological which is stimulated and developed through sensory play. We have designed the room to give adults the chance to meet others, relax themselves as well as their baby with an end result of both adult and baby being in good moods. We have staff that will guide you through the different equipment, what is suitable for your aged child and discuss any concerns and what benefits (which can be hard to see in newborns especially) they gain as well as how long they should be down there. Our room is a lot for small babies to take in and always advise finishing when they start to wriggle and show signs of a nap so they therefore can go rest. This where your baby will process all they have seen/felt/heard and go into a deep sleep. Also great relief when teething as they become so distracted and tire out for a sleep.
This is a space limited class due to ambiance we wish to create so please do book in advance to avoid disappointment. Don’t forget if you re book another session after you finish one you can get it HALF PRICE!! That’s only £2.75!! Check out our video.https://www.facebook.com/secretgardenplaycafe.co.uk/videos/662476610599716/
Mini Soft Play time is literally what it says on the tin ! Under your supervision, your child can enjoy the Den room downstairs with slide, ball pit, seasaw and our latest addition is THOMAS tank engine ride on roller coaster track!! Once again please do try book ahead to guarantee a space. For children who are starting to crawl then up to 3.5 year olds – only £2.50!
Arts and Crafts is a new idea which you can do on the café floor with your little one ANYTIME and be as messy and creative as they so wish. Through play with various materials and crafts they will develop many skills as they choose from STICKING, CREATING or PAINTING!! For only £2.50 per child, all you need to do is just show up. (We do ask larger groups to contact us directly on the website to book).
Perfect to do with your friends or a precious moment with your little one to make a memory for life. Pottery creations are great gifts for everyone and can be done whilst sitting down in our café having a coffee. We do not charge for studio time, all you pay for is the item you wish to paint and can collect 1.5 weeks later. Great environment for you to then let your little ones go off and play whilst you can have a go yourself! Our staff are on hand to help with hand and foot prints and give your child a talk through how to do it and help their creative juices flow.
Paint a plate – £8.95
Paint a mug – £7.95
Paint a Star hanger (could be used for a medal) –£6.50
WE ALSO OFFER POTTERY PARTIES FOR CHILDREN AND GROWN UPS WITH A FREE ITEM INCLUDED IN GROUPS OF 12+
At Secret Garden Play Café we offer a simple relaxed party plan for various ages and with so many options it can be tailor made to make it that special day it should be for you and your child.
1)You can hire the toddler run equipment and room for just £45 per hour which is perfect fun for first or second year old birthday parties. (Only available in week days and does not allow access to café for groups larger than 8 adults).
2 )Another option for baby’s first birthday is hiring the sensory experience for £45 which is an amazing alternate choice. (Only for groups of babies no children above our usual age limit of 18 months and available in weekdays only with no access to café for groups larger than 8 adults).
3) **NEW** We are now offering an amazing party package too good to refuse! Hire the entire café as well as our room downstairs, either with soft play or disco for just £105 for 2 hours (1.5 hrs for guests only). This enables you to enjoy both aspects of either playing or relaxing in our café. The entertainment lasts an hour and then children enjoy party food (£5.50 per head) or for first birthdays and parties with large group of adults, why not select one of our yummy adult sandwich platters.
Followed by singing Happy Birthday with your birthday cake. It allows for larger parties and gives you an exclusive venue all to yourself and no washing up! You can also privately hire on Saturdays as well as Sundays and also after school. Extras you opt for are a) face painter – we have our own member of staff you can hire only £35 for an hour (based on 12 children). b) bring in an entertainer or choose some of options c) have an arts and crafts table set up in the café- only £3 per child!
4)For birthdays 4 years and upwards we offer pottery decorating parties on the café floor, these parties offer amazing creative fun where children can paint a plate masterpiece which they can later collect and keep as a memory of their friend’s birthday party to treasure forever. After painting, the children then have a disco for 30 mins before their food.The birthday child also gets an extra plate which all the children who attend add their finger prints to, as a beautiful reminder of everyone who celebrated their special day (only for 8+ parties). Costs are £14.45 per head and include a plate and the party food. You can also privately hire the whole café for £105, we will reduce it in half to just £55 and give the disco for FREE when you have a pottery party!
After all these choices we then put together a party food package for you upstairs at a reserved table where all the mess and prep work is taken care of so you can enjoy the memories too. At £5.50 per head for food, you get a selection of sandwiches, sausage rolls or cocktail sausages, vegetable sticks, pom bears and then individually decorated fairy cakes (require minimum of 12 children for party food orders).Saving enough time to sing happy birthday and help cut up the cake.